Creating a professional MSU website just got easier
Academic and administrative MSU web publishers now have access to a web-based tool that makes creating and maintaining an information rich website easier.
What is Cascade Server?
Cascade Server is an enterprise-level web content management system that improves site usability, provides easier and less costly maintenance of websites for university units, and assists with brand integration for Michigan State University websites. Read more to learn about Cascade's features and functionality.
How to begin using Cascade Server
- Contact the MSU Web Team at Communications and Brand Strategy (CABS) to use Cascade Server.
Telephone: (517) 355-7505
- Meet with the MSU Web Team to review CMS basics and options for using Cascade Server.
- Choose one of the three options for using Cascade Server.
- Provide the MSU Web Team with login information for accessing your web hosting environment used to host your website.
- Attend training sessions that provide instruction for how to access the CMS, manage content, and administer user accounts/system access.
- Load content, pages, and media into the CMS that will be included in your website.
- Provide resources for ongoing content maintenance.
Costs for using Cascade Server
Account setup and CMS storage space for up to 20GB of content are provided at no cost and are subsidized by the MSU Web Team.
To use Cascade Server you must register any domain names you intend to use for your website and provide web hosting, and funding for training courses your staff will attend to learn how to use the CMS.