The MSU Cascade Server content management system (CMS) will be upgraded from version 7.14.2 to version 8.3 on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 from 7:00-8:00 p.m. The MSU Cascade system and login on http://cascade.msu.edu will be unavailable during this scheduled maintenance.
What is happening?
MSU is upgrading to version 8.3 to take advantage of Cascade’s redesigned and updated user interface, making the CMS more usable and intuitive.
The new interface will be a noticeable change for MSU Cascade users. Some of the new features include:
- A mobile-friendly interface
- Simpler menus and fewer buttons
- Help text and in-system cues
- A larger content editing screen with advanced submit functionality
What do I need to do?
Before June 6, 2017:
- Log in to the MSU VPN with the Pulse Connect VPN client. You need to do this even if you are on campus.
If you haven’t used the VPN before, read SSL VPN Quick Start Installation Guide - TB24726 for directions on installing the Pulse Secure client.
- Log in to the Cascade test environment using your MSU credentials.
- Review your Cascade website(s) using the Checklist - inspect content and test basic functions such as:
- The asset tree, folder, and page structure
- Overall site navigation and content on several different pages
- Create a new page
- Edit an existing page (publishing is disabled in the test environment)
- Verify you have access to all the sites in the test environment that you do in the current Cascade environment.
NOTE: Specific content in the test environment at https://cascade.test.itservices.msu.edu may not reflect your most recent website content in the current live Cascade environment.
If you experience technical issues such as inability to log in, contact the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or email@example.com.
What resources are available?
- MSU Cascade Version 8 Quick Overview video
- Hannon Hill Release Notes for Cascade 8
- Hannon Hill Webinar: What’s New in Cascade 8
If you have further questions, contact:
MSU IT Service Desk
(517) 432-6200/toll free (844) 678-6200
Last updated: May 11, 2017